Following the success of the Spotify hit This is Vintage Now, This is Vintage Now Vol. 2: Happiness is a Way of Life is a compilation record built to transport the mind to a place of happiness.
This is Vintage Now Vol. 2 features high fidelity remastering by veteran sound engineer Bill Metoyer (Capitol Records Studios) that achieves a warm, vinyl-like sound rarely heard in music today. Veteran artists Sue Raney (Capitol Records, The Dean Martin Show, The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson), Robert Drasnin (The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Mannix, Martin Denny), and Laurie Allyn (Music of 'Mad Men') appear on the album, as do the best artists from The Vintage Movement, a new wave of musicians creating authentic-sounding music in 1950s and 1960s styles.
We offer a high-quality 320 kbps download of This is Vintage Now Vol. 2 in our store that allows you to hear the album in CD-quality sound, and adds an Exclusive Bonus Track ("Something Cool" by Sue Raney) not available on the regular release.
Whether you are feeling great, or need a pick-me-up, This is Vintage Now Vol. 2 is here to bring you to your place of happiness. Come escape with us!
This is Vintage Now Vol. 2 320 kpbs version with Exclusive Bonus Track:
only available here!
The twelve-song version of This is Vintage Now Vol. 2 on CDBaby is not the full version of the album. Here on ThisisVintageNow.com, we offer the complete, 13-song version This is Vintage Now Vol. 2 on high-quality 320 kpbs MP3. Most MP3's available today have a lower 256 kbps bitrate that compromises sound quality. But the 13-song version available here allows you to experience the album's warm, high-fidelity mastering properly with a 320 kpbs bitrate, which approximates the sound heard on physical CD's.
This 13-song version of This is Vintage Now Vol. 2 features the bonus track "Something Cool" by SUE RANEY, an outtake from the sessions of her album Listen Here (2011) that has not been released anywhere until now. "Something Cool" was 1950s jazz vocalist June Christy's signature song, and the 1954 Something Cool LP which the song comes from was one of Capitol Records' best selling albums at the time. Sue Raney's version of "Something Cool" "owns" the song so powerfully that you would never know that the song has been associated so strongly with another singer. It is exclusive to the 13-song version This is Vintage Now Vol. 2, and only available in the This is Vintage Now store or by clicking the button below.
We also offer a two-pack of This is Vintage Now Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, which features the complete 13-song This is Vintage Now Vol. 2 on 320 kpbs as well as the 12-song "Release Party Edition" of This is Vintage Now Vol. 1 with two bonus tracks not available in the regular release. This package is only available in our store or by clicking the button below.
More To Explore
- About - Learn more about This is Vintage Now Vol. 2, the stories behind the music, and more projects in the works.
- Artists - Read all about the great artists on This is Vintage Now Vol. 2.
- Producer - Read the backstory on This is Vintage Now series producer David Gasten and how the series came into being.
- This is Vintage Now Vol. 1 website - This is Vintage Now Vol. 1 (2011) was a hit on Spotify, with 2.3 million song plays as of January 2017. Our website for Vol. 1 is a rabbit hole full of great reading and resources. The site features:
- an artists section with detailed information on the TIVN Vol. 1 artists,
- an articles and reviews section with reviews and commentary on Vintage music and culture,
- a section called "Our Heroes" with bios and discographies for artists like Bill Haley, Wynonie Harris, and Louis Jordan, and
- a links section that works as a directory to the best that Vintage music and lifestyle have to offer.
Preview Playlist for This is Vintage Now Vol. 2
Pass the happiness on!
Share in Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #happiness